Skillset Youth Connect – take the next step towards your future
Skillset Youth Connect is a free service that guides you to plan, set and achieve the education, training and career goals that are right for you.
Our Consultants provide free advice and support that will build the future you want.
• Learn about the personal strengths and unique skills you already have
• Receive realistic career advice and a career plan that is unique to you
• Access local training that builds the skills you need
• Connect with employers to gain work experience and paid employment
We also work in tandem with schools, TAFE and community service organisations to make sure everyone is working together to help you meet the goals you set.
Who can we help?
• Anyone aged 15 to 19
• Not currently enrolled in school or training or working in a paid job
• Living in Dubbo or Central West NSW
Who is Skillset Youth Connect?
Skillset Youth Connect first started in July 2016 and is funded by the Department of Industry, Skills and Regional Development to deliver the Regional VET pathways initiative – a pilot program aimed at alleviating youth unemployment.
Our key objectives are to deliver individualised career planning and support services that engage and retain young people in education, vocational training and employment.
How are we doing?
Since starting in July 2016, we’ve worked in collaboration with key agencies such as TAFE NSW, NSW Department of Education, Housing NSW, NSW Department of Family & Community Services (FACS), PCYC, Headspace, Juvenile Justice, Veritas House, Ability Links, Centacare, Live Better (formerly known as Care West), Orange Aboriginal Medical Service, local Councils and neighbourhood centres to register more than 350 young people. 70% have re-engaged in school, enrolled in training or commenced in paid employment.