Skillset Workforce Mentor Plus is a new free service funded by the Australian Government to provide a tailored mentoring service for first and second year apprentices and trainees working in the mining and construction industries across Central and Western NSW, and in the New England. The aim of Mentor Plus is to provide additional support to apprentices and trainees to maximise successful completions by working collaboratively with key stakeholders such as employers, Apprentice Support Service providers, training organisations and personal support agencies to offer a fully integrated support service to the apprentice, trainee and workplace.
What services does Skillset Workforce Mentor Plus offer?
• Working with the employer and apprentice or trainee to resolve any workplace issues
• Working with the RTO and the apprentice or trainee when training issues are identified
• Finding solutions and support for personal challenges that the apprentice or trainee may be experiencing
• Supporting the apprentice/trainee to better understand the industry they are working in
• Providing career advice and pathways on completion of the apprenticeship or traineeship
What industry areas is Skillset Workforce Mentor Plus supporting?
Mentor Plus is supporting apprentices and trainees working in the following industries:
- Construction- carpentry, plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, plastering, bricklaying, tiling, shopfitting and painting
- Mining – engineering, heavy vehicle mechanical, electrical, civil construction, underground, open cut and coal mining
What regions are being serviced by Skillset Workforce Mentor Plus?
Mentor Plus is supporting apprentices and trainees in the Central West, Orana, Far West and New England regions of NSW – see map below)
How do you contact Mentor Plus?
Phone or text: 0427 751 816
Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.
Skillset Limited are committed to providing our customers and clients with high quality service which meets their reasonable expectations.
Skillset Limited appreciate that our customers’ needs are unique and varied. Our business will be conducted professionally and completed in an appropriate time-frame and our customers and clients will be treated with honesty and integrity at all times. A copy of our Customer and Client Service Policy can be viewed here.
An outline of our “Complaints Procedure” (Skillset Workforce Document Reference: WFFC010) is as follows:
- Complaint is received to Skillset Limited by calling 1300 853 525, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at: Skillset Limited, 341 Havannah St, Bathurst NSW 2795
- Complaint entered in Skillset Workforce Complaints Register.
- Escalate to Management.
- Complaint resolution and continuous improvement.
Answers to any enquiry or customer / client complaint will be addressed appropriately and as quickly as possible. If you require more information regarding our complaints procedure please contact: Anthea Koehn – Workforce Operations & Injury Manager or Meghan Golsby – Workforce Operations Coordinator on 1300 013 258.