Free support for apprentices and trainees in the Mining and Construction Industries across the Central, Western, Riverina and New England regions on NSW.
Skillset Mentor Plus is a free service funded by the Australian Government to provide a tailored mentoring service for first and second-year apprentices and trainees working in the mining and construction industries.
The aim of Mentor Plus
The aim of Mentor Plus is to provide additional support to apprentices and trainees to maximise successful completions by working collaboratively with key stakeholders such as employers, Apprentice Support Service providers, training organisations and personal support agencies to offer support service to the apprentice, trainee and workplace.
What services does Mentor Plus Offer?
- Working with the employer and apprentice or trainee to assist with any workplace issues
- Working with the Registered Training Organisation and the apprentice or trainee when training issues are identified
- Finding solutions and support for personal challenges that an apprentice or trainee may be experiencing
- Supporting the apprentice or trainee to better understand the industry they are working in
- Providing career advice and pathways on completion of the apprenticeship or traineeship
What industry areas is Skillset Mentor Plus supporting?
Mentor Plus is supporting apprentices and trainees working in the following industries:
- Shop fitting
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanical
- Civil Construction,
- Underground, Open-cut and Coal Mining
A wrap around Mentor Service with streamlined communication and tailored support.
Industry Specialist Mentoring for Australian Apprentices (ISMAA) is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.
Skillset Limited appreciate that our customers’ needs are unique and varied. Our business will be conducted professionally and completed in an appropriate time-frame and our customers and clients will be treated with honesty and integrity at all times.
A copy of our Customer and Client Service Policy can be viewed here.