About the role
Skillset in conjunction with a local heating and cooling business are seeking applications for their new Air-conditioning Electrician Apprentice. The successful candidate will complete a Certificate III in Electrotechnology – Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, and gain invaluable hands on experience whilst learning from industry experts.
This entry-level opportunity is suited to applicants who are hardworking, eager for hands on work, capable of working in diverse environments. Out client provides electrical, maintenance and repair services, heating and cooling solutions utilising quality Australian known and trusted split air conditioners, reverse cycle and gas ducted systems, hydronic heating, underfloor heating and cooling and more.
- Excellent career opportunity to join a well-known and prominent building company in regional NSW
- A full time, 4-year placement that will provide formal on the job training
- You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship
- At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- Install air-conditioning and heating systems
- Diagnose and rectify faults in air conditioning and heating units
- Service and maintain existing heating and cooling systems in both residential and commercial environments
- Read drawings and specifications to determine materials required, dimensions and installation procedures/layout
- Provide customer service
- Work under the guidance of qualified Tradesman
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO:
- Hold a current White Card or willing to obtain prior to commencing
- Aptitude for Mathematics
- Reliable and hard working
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Show commitment to the study component of the Apprenticeship
- Display a keen interest in the electrical industry
- Have a demonstrated ability to problem solve, have high attention to detail and are organised
- Hold a current Driver's Licence
NEXT STEPS/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Applications close on Sunday 24th Janaury, 2021 at 11:59 pm
- The first stage of assessment is an online entrance exam that will be emailed to you automatically when you apply. Individuals who do not complete the online entrance exam within the specified time frame will be unable to progress to the next stage.
- Only applications with a cover letter and up-to-date resume will be considered
- Your cover letter must address the selection criteria and tell us why you are interested in the traineeship/apprenticeship. We would also love to hear about any experience or projects you have been involved in that are related to the trade.
- Applicants must be able to attend interviews in Orange NSW
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Click the APPLY NOW button or go to https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
- Upload your updated cover letter and resume
- Applications close Sunday 24th Janaury, 2021 at 11:59 pm
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees.
Skillset has over 38 years industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation.
Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visithttps://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/back to listing