About the role
Skillset in conjunction with a local heating and cooling business are seeking applications for their new Plumbing Apprentice. The successful candidate will complete a Certificate III in Plumbing, and gain invaluable hands on experience whilst learning from industry experts.
This entry-level opportunity is suited to applicants who are hardworking, eager for hands on work, capable of working in diverse environments are looking to pursue a career in the lucrative plumbing industry.
- Excellent career opportunity to join a well-known and prominent building company in regional NSW
- A full time, 4-year placement that will provide formal on the job training
- You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship
- At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification.
- Preparing work sites
- Read drawings and specifications to determine materials required, dimensions and installation procedures/layout
- Installing and servicing hot water systems, underfloor heating, gas lines, and solar panels
- Service and breakdown management
- General labouring to assist tradesmen
- Use hand and power tools
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Work under the guidance of the Tradesman
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO:
- Hold a current White Card
- Reliable and hard working
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Show commitment to the study component of the Apprenticeship
- Display a keen interest in pursuing plumbing as a career
- Have a demonstrated ability to problem solve, have high attention to detail and are organised
- Hold a current Driver's Licence
NEXT STEPS/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Applications close on 24th January 2021 at 11:59 pm
- The first stage of assessment is an online entrance exam that will be emailed to you automatically when you apply. Individuals who do not complete the online entrance exam within the specified time frame will be unable to progress to the next stage.
- Only applications with a cover letter and up-to-date resume will be considered
- Your cover letter must address the selection criteria and tell us why you are interested in the traineeship/apprenticeship. We would also love to hear about any experience or projects you have been involved in that are related to the trade.
- Applicants must be able to attend interviews in Orange NSW
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Click the APPLY NOW button or go to https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
- Upload your updated cover letter and resume
- Applications close on Sunday 24th January 2021 at 11:59 pm
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees.
Skillset has over 38 years industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation.
Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visithttps://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/back to listing