About the role
Skillset in conjunction with a local welding business in Dubbo are seeking applications for their new Welding Apprentice to begin with the business ASAP. The successful candidate will complete a Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade.
This entry-level opportunity is suited to applicants who are highly-motivated, enjoy hands on work and are have a passion for welding.
- Excellent career opportunity to join a well-known and prominent Central West organisation
- A full time, four-year placement that will provide formal on the job training
- You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship
- At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- Assist tradesman with the fabrication and repairs
- Welding, cutting and grinding
- Perform measurements
- Undertake general housekeeping duties within the workshop environment
- Adhere to Work Place Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Complete all related TAFE work and attend classes associated with the Apprenticeship
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO:
- Willingness to take direction and follow instructions
- Strong attention to detail and a drive to get the job done
- Excellent teamwork, listening and communication skills
- Exhibit good work ethic and time management to ensure that tasks are completed on time
- Previous experience in metal work desirable
- Hold Year 10 and above schooling
- Show commitment to the study component of the Apprenticeship
- Display a keen interest in welding and pursuing it as a career
NEXT STEPS/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Applications close on Sunday 24th January, 2021 at 11:59 pm
- The first stage of assessment is an online entrance exam that will be emailed to you automatically when you apply. Individuals who do not complete the online entrance exam within the specified time frame will be unable to progress to the next stage.
- Only applications with a cover letter and up-to-date resume will be considered
- Your cover letter must address the selection criteria and tell us why you are interested in the traineeship/apprenticeship. We would also love to hear about any experience or projects you have been involved in that are related to the trade.
- Applicants must be able to attend interviews in Dubbo NSW
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Click the APPLY NOW button or go to https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
- Upload your updated cover letter and resume
- Applications close Sunday 24th January, 2021 at 11:59 pm
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees.
Skillset has over 38 years industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation.
Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visithttps://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/back to listing