About the role
Skillset in conjunction with Western NSW Local Health District in Dubbo are seeking applications for their new School Based Trainees to start early 2021 for the following Traineeship positions:
- 1 x Horticulture – Certificate II Horticulture
- 1 x Electrical – Certificate II Electrotechnology
- 1 x Business – Certificate III Business
- 2 x Nursing General – Certificate III Health Services Assistance
- 1 x Nursing Midwifery – Certificate III Health Services Assistance
- 1 x Allied Health – Certificate III Allied Health Assistance
Held over a two-year period the program combines paid work, training and school so that you earn an industry recognised national qualification and gain credit towards your HSC.
This opportunity is suited to dedicated, self-motivated and hard-working individuals with a keen interest in pursuing a career in the specified industry.
- Excellent career opportunity to join a well-known and prominent local organisation
- Two-year, paid placement that will provide formal on the job training
- You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Traineeship
- At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification.
- Horticulture – Garden and lawn maintenance including pruning, mulching, mowing, fertilising, weed control and collection of refuse
- Electrical – Assist with service, maintenance and repairs of a diverse range of Electrical equipment
- Business – Assist the administration team with a variety of duties including answering calls, filing, scanning, data entry and customer service
- Nursing General – Assist with patient care, general housekeeping and hygiene practices
- Nursing Midwifery – Assist with maternity including bookings, antenatal clinics, and special care nursery
- Allied Health – Assist with physiotherapy, Speech and Dietetics including feeding, individual therapy and admisntration duties
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Adhere to Work Place Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Complete all related TAFE work and attend classes associated with the Traineeship
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO:
- Attend school in the Dubbo region
- Currently in Year 10 (2020) and available to start early 2021
- Committed to the study component of the Traineeship whilst completing their other allocated school studies
- Keen interest in their applied industry and pursing it as a career
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Aptitude for problem-solving and work in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication
- Time management and organisational skills
- Competent computer skills
- Reliable transport to work
- Successful candidates must be willing to consent to a Criminal History and Aged Care Check
- Horticulture and Electrical Trainees must have a White Card or be willing to obtain prior to commencing
NEXT STEPS/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Applications close on 5th February, 2021 at 11:59 pm
- To Apply:
- Speak to your Careers Advisor to register your interest
- Apply online with your updated resume and cover letter https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/
- Only applications with a cover letter and up-to-date resume will be considered - your cover letter should tell us which Traineeship you are applying for, why you are interested in the Traineeship and any experience you may have related to the field.
- Once you apply you will receive an online entrance exam via automatic reply. Individuals who do not complete the online entrance exam within the specified time frame will be unable to progress to the next stage
- Applicants must be able to attend interviews in Dubbo, NSW
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees.
Skillset has over 38 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation.
Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/back to listing