About the role
- 24 month fixed term contract
- Idyllic Regional location – Orange, NSW
- Full time hours
At Skillset our vision is to create life changing opportunities for people and communities in regional NSW, and we are passionate about changing lives!!
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Youth Mentor to join our Engagement Skills and Support Team in Orange, NSW.
This role is a great opportunity to utilise your experience and expertise in case management and mentoring support to assist youth to develop personal and vocational skills, that ultimately assist in providing successful pathways to employment.
In this hands-on role, you will recruit, mentor and support participants and liaise with organisations such as TAFE to plan and implement targeted training.
The role will also focus on:
- Meeting participant and outcome targets for the Youth Connect Service
- Providing effective case management for participants
- Managing, mentoring and supporting participants in training
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Certificate III or IV in Community Services
- Experience and knowledge as a Youth Mentor
- Passion for people and wanting to help them to reach their full potential
- Outstanding organisational skills with a good eye for detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills using systems and Microsoft Office
- Drivers Licence
- Working with Children Check
- Willing to undertake a Police Check
- A supportive and collaborative team culture
- An exciting and diverse role where every day is different
- Ongoing, full time work in a regional location
- Attractive salary package tailored to experience
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click "Apply Now" to upload your cover letter and resume.
Applications close on Tuesday, 19th January 2021 at 11:59pm.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate Australian Workrights
- Only successful applicants will be contacted
- Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees.
Skillset has over 38 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation.
Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
back to listing