About the role
Skillset in conjunction with Orana Support Service in Dubbo are seeking applications for their new School Based Trainees to start l early 2021 and complete their Certificate III Community Services.
Held over a two-year period the program combines paid work, training and school so that you earn an industry recognised national qualification and gain credit towards your HSC.
This opportunity is suited to a dedicated, self-motivated and hard-working individual with a keen interest in pursuing a career in Community Services
- Excellent career opportunity to join a well-known and prominent local organisation
- Two-year, paid placement that will provide formal on the job training
- You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Traineeship
- At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification.
- Provide customer service both face-to-face and over the phone
- Assist with general administration including maintaining files, daily reports, collecting mail, data entry, record keeping and other admin duties for all staff
- Support clients to find appropriate accommodation and housing in public, social, private and Aboriginal housing portfolios where necessary
- Assist clients who attend the office
- Implement WHS, EEO, Aboriginal Cultural appropriateness and respect, LBGQTI and other gender policies that respond to a culturally diverse client cohort
- Adhere to Work Place Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Complete all related TAFE work and attend classes associated with the Traineeship
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO:
- Currently in Year 10 (2020) and available to start early 2021
- Committed to the study component of the Traineeship whilst completing their other allocated school studies
- Keen interest in Community Services and pursing it as a career
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Aptitude for problem-solving and work in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication
- Time management and organisational skills
- Competent computer skills
- Supportive and compassionate
- Reliable transport to work
- Successful candidates must be willing to consent to a Criminal History check prior to commencing
NEXT STEPS/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Applications close on 5th February 2021 at 11:59 pm
- To Apply:
- Speak to your Careers Advisor to register your interest
- Apply online with your updated resume and cover letter https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/
- Only applications with a cover letter and up-to-date resume will be considered - your cover letter should tell us which Traineeship you are applying for, why you are interested in the Traineeship and any experience you may have related to the field.
- Once you apply you will receive an online entrance exam via automatic reply. Individuals who do not complete the online entrance exam within the specified time frame will be unable to progress to the next stage
- Applicants must be able to attend interviews in Dubbo, NSW
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees.
Skillset has over 38 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation.
Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/back to listing