About the role
UGL in partnership with Skillset, and in conjunction with a well respected Dubbo business are seeking applications for their new School Based Trainee to start early 2021. The successful School Based Trainee will complete their Certificate II in Electrotechnology whilst working along-side industry professionals.
Held over a two-year period the program combines PAID WORK, training and school. The student will earn a nationally recognised industry qualification while gaining credit towards their HSC and ATAR.
This is an opportunity for an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander individual who enjoys problem solving and is keen to pursue a career in the electrical industry.
- Excellent career opportunity to work and learn in a prominent business in Dubbo, NSW
- Two-year, paid placement that will provide formal on the job training
- You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Traineeship
- At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- Learn the foundations and content to develop skills and knowledge used in the electrical industry
- Assist qualified electricians with various duties
- Provide a high level of customer service both face-to-face and over the phone
- Adhere to Workplace Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Complete all related theory work associated with the Traineeship
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS
- Currently in Year 9 or 10 and available to start early 2021
- Committed to the study component of the Traineeship whilst completing their other allocated school studies
- Keen interest in the Electrical industry
- High-level of mathematical abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Aptitude for problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- Time management and organisational skills
- Reliable transport to work
NEXT STEPS/RECRUITMENT PROCESS
- If you are interested in this opportunity and attend a school in the Dubbo - please speak to your Careers Advisor.
- Once you have registered your interest with your school go to https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/ for further information and to apply.
- If you require further information please contact Toni Delahunty - Skillset Recruitment Consultant, on 0438 265 960
- Once you apply you will receive an online entrance exam via automatic reply. Individuals who do not complete the online entrance exam within the specified time frame will be unable to progress to the next stage
- Only applications with a cover letter and up-to-date resume will be considered
- Your cover letter must address the selection criteria and tell us why you are interested in the Traineeship and any experience you may have related to the Traineeship
- Applicants must be able to attend interviews Dubbo, NSW
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Trainees and Trainees.
Skillset has over 38 years industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation.
Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit https://skillset.com.au/jobvacancies/
back to listing