About the role
Skillset in conjunction with Wilpinjong Mine - Peabody Energy (approx. 50km from Mudgee), are currently seeking applications for an Auto Electrical Apprentice to complete their Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a prominent organisation whilst entering a full time, 4-year placement that will provide both on the job experience and study. You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you through your Apprenticeship and upon successful completion of the role, you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification.
This entry-level opportunity is suited to someone who is highly motivated, has an eye for detail, strong work ethic, mechanically minded, a team player and is keen to pursue a career in the mining and automotive industries.
- Nationally accredited qualification in Australia
- Formal on the job training
- Mentoring and support from a dedicated Skillset Consultant
This role will compromise of a variety of duties including:
- Assisting the Tradesmen in the service, maintenance and minor repairs of a diverse range of vehicles
- Fault finding and trouble shooting
- Undertaking installation of new electrical components
- Using hand power tools
- Learning the foundations and content to develop skills and knowledge used in the Automotive Industry
- Maintaining a high standard of customer service
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS:
- Keen to work in the Auto Electrical and Mining Industry
- Ability to work in a physically demanding role
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Exhibit good work ethic and time management to ensure that tasks are completed on time
- Strong attention to detail and a drive to get the job done
- Drivers Licence
- Willing to complete a Pre-Employment Medical (in Mudgee NSW)
NEXT STEP/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Applications close on 26th February 2020
- Applicants must be able to attend interviews in Mudgee NSW
- Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Shortlisted candidates will also be required to complete a fully subsidised pre-traineeship program to learn a range of skills and knowledge specific to the mining industry
- Click the APPLY NOW button
- Upload your cover letter and resume
- Applications close 26th February 2020
- Please note: Upon completing an online application you will receive an automatic email confirming your application has been received. Within this email, there will be a link to complete an Online Entrance Exam, this must be completed for your application to be considered.
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees.
Skillset has over 38 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation.
Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/
back to listing