About the role
Skillset in conjunction with our Host business based in Parkes, is seeking a passionate and reliable 1st Year Apprentice Chef to join their team. The successful applicant will work alongside an industry trained professional to complete a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery.
This is a fantastic opportunity for applicants to join a well-known and prominent organisation whilst entering a full time, four-year placement that will provide both on the job experience and study. You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Workforce Consultant who will support you through your Apprenticeship and at the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification.
This opportunity is suited to a hard-working, resilient individual with a passion for the hospitality industry.
- Prepare food
- Serve customers
- Plating food
- Assist with cooking menu items
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards including completing clean up duties
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work weekends and split shifts
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Demonstrated genuine interest in a career in hospitality
- Aptitude for maths including ability to calculate weights and measures
- Committed to the study component of the Apprenticeship
- Understanding of kitchen utensils, various cooking procedures and methods
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent safety awareness and willingness to take initiative
- A willingness to learn new skills and a flexible approach to work tasks
- Previous experience in hospitality is recommended but not essential
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this exciting opportunity, click the APPLY NOW button. Please upload a Cover Letter and Resume.
Applications closes: Monday 24th February 2020
*Only successful applicants will be contacted
*Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered
*Demonstrated work rights in Australia
At Skillset, our vision is to create life-changing opportunities for people and communities in regional NSW.
Skillset offers a range of services including recruitment, apprenticeship and traineeship services, skills development and mentoring programs as well as alternative senior school education pathways.
Skillset is committed to generating employment opportunities through education and skills development for people across regional NSW.
Skillset has a great range of exciting positions available, visit http://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/back to listing