About the role
Skillset in conjunction with a multi-award winning leader in the construction industry are seeking applications for an experienced WHS Manager.
Focusing on Health, Education and Commercial ventures, this role is varied and offers a great opportunity to utilise your skillset to deliver safety initiatives across all projects and the business.
Working closely with the Company Director a large focus of this role will be to manage, mentor and support all site staff in safety and compliance. With extensive experience in the construction industry, the successful candidate will also need a strong understanding of relevant industry codes, legislation, policies and practices.
Other tasks will include:
- Administering and maintaining the WHS Management System and relevant accreditations
- Drive a safety culture across all facets of the business, with the team and subcontractors
- Educate the business on WHS legislation and best practice and become a trusted advisor
- Manage both internal and external WHS audits
- Identify the training needs for the team and liaise with management to implement
- Prepare internal and external reports, benchmarking against industry best practice
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience and knowledge in the construction industry
- Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety or similar
- White Card
- Strong computer skills with experience in systems management
- High analytical and auditing skills to evaluate problems and propose solutions
- Outstanding organisational skills with a good eye for detail
- Be a motivated individual and encompass the ability to work well autonomously
You will be joining a supportive and collaborative team culture where the role is diverse and every day is different. There is also an attractive salary package on offer with ongoing, full time work in a regional location.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click "Apply Now" button to upload your cover letter and resume. For a confidential discussion, please contact Jill Notzon, Senior Recruitment Consultant on 0429 469 476.
Applications close on 21st February 2020
*Only successful applicants will be contacted
*Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees.
Skillset has over 37 years industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation.
Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/back to listing