About the role
Skillset in conjunction with a local Landscaping and Irrigation business based in Bathurst are currently seeking applications for a 1st Year Landscaping Apprentice to join their ever-growing team. The successful applicant will complete a Certificate III in Landscape Construction over a 4-year placement, whilst receiving formal and on the job training.
This is an exciting opportunity for applicants to commence a role within a growing industry that will provide both on the job experience and study. You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Workforce Consultant who will support you through your Apprenticeship and at the successful completion of the role, you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification.
The exciting opportunity is suited to hard-working individual who is eager to pursue a career in the Landscaping and Irrigation industry.
- Nationally accredited qualification in Australia
- Formal on the job training
- Mentoring and support from a dedicated Skillset Workforce Consultant
- Assist with landscaping and irrigation maintenance including:
- Preparation and laying of turf products
- Planting and mulching
- Installation, repairs and maintenance of irrigation
- Construction of fences, retaining walls and garden beds
- Use and maintenance of tools, machinery and equipment
- Read and interpret plans and drawings
- Perform manual labour duties in an outdoor setting
- Adhere to workplace health and safety policies and procedures
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS:
- Keen to work outdoors and make a difference in their community
- Ability to work in a physically demanding role
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Exhibit good work ethic and time management to ensure that tasks are completed on time
- Strong attention to detail and a drive to get the job done
- Drivers Licence
- White Card or willingness to obtain
NEXT STEP/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Applications close on 23rd February 2020
- Applicants must be able to attend interviews in Bathurst NSW
- Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Click the APPLY NOW button or go to https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
- Upload your cover letter and resume
- Applications close 23rd February 2020
At Skillset, our vision is to create life-changing opportunities for people and communities in regional NSW.
Skillset offers a range of services including recruitment, apprenticeship and traineeship services, skills development and mentoring programs as well as alternative senior school education pathways.
Skillset is committed to generating employment opportunities through education and skills development for people across regional NSW.
Skillset has a great range of exciting positions available, visit http://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/back to listing