About the role
Skillset in conjunction with Moolarben Coal Operations, are currently seeking applications for fulltime Underground Operations Trainees to complete their Certificate III in Underground Coal Operations. The successful applicants will begin work in 2020 onsite at Moolarben Coal, located approximately 40 kilometres north of Mudgee NSW.
This is a fantastic opportunity for applicants to join a well-known and prominent organisation whilst entering a full time placement that will provide both on the job experience and study. You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you through your Traineeship and upon successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification.
This entry-level opportunity is suited to applicants who are highly-motivated, team players and keen to pursue a career in the Underground Coal Mining industry.
- Assist with machinery operations including longwall face equipment operations, drilling, and bolting
- Transport crew underground using shuttles
- Perform manual labour duties
- Adhere to Work Place Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Disposition to work underground
- Ability to work in a physically demanding role
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to obtain a full functional Pre-Employment Medical
- Manual drivers licence and willingness to provide driving record
Please note: Applicants applying for this position that make it through to the next stages must be able to attend an Order 43 medical on 7th, 8th,9th or 14th April (in Mudgee) and must be able to commence onsite on Monday 4th May 2020.
Please note: Upon completing an online application you will receive an automatic email confirming your application has been received. Within this email will have a link to complete an Online Entrance Exam, this must be completed for your application to be considered
- Nationally accredited qualification in Australia
- Formal on the job training
- Mentoring and support from a dedicated Skillset Consultant
- Work for a well-known and prominent business based in the Mudgee Region, NSW
How to apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity, click the APPLY NOW button upload your cover letter and resume.
Applications closes: Friday 21st February, 2020
*Only successful applicants will be contacted
*Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered
*Demonstrated work rights in Australia
About Skillset: At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff and Apprentices and Trainees.
Skillset has over 38 years' industry experience operating in the Central West providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation.
Skillset has a great range of exciting positions available, visit https://skillset.jobreadygateway.com.au/vacancies
back to listing