About the role
Come and join a well-respected early childhood organisation that keeps Aboriginal families connected. The successful applicant will complete a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education over 12 months, whilst receiving formal and on the job training.
This entry-level opportunity is suited to a hard-working individual who is eager to learn new skills, passionate about Aboriginal Culture and keen to kick start their career within the Aboriginal Childcare sector.
- Nationally accredited qualification in Australia
- Formal on the job training
- Mentoring and support from a dedicated Skillset Workforce Consultant
- Learn the foundations and content to develop skills and knowledge used in the Early Childhood industry
- Assist Educators with planning and supervising daily programs/activities for the children focusing especially on cultural values.
- Supporting staff in playground duties and the day-to-day operations of the room.
- Adhere to and carry out Health and Safety procedures including cleaning, washing and food preparation.
- Following all instructions from qualified Educators.
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS:
- Keen to work in the Aboriginal Childcare Sector and make a difference in the community
- Knowledge of Aboriginal Culture
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC) or willing to obtain
- Willing to undertake a National Police Check
- Committed to the study component of the Traineeship
- Keen interest the Early Childhood Services industry
- High level of Health and Safety awareness
- Current driver's license or reliable transport
- Exhibit good work ethic and time management to ensure that tasks are completed on time
- Strong attention to detail and a drive to get the job done
NEXT STEP/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Applications close on 23rd February 2020
- Applicants must be able to attend interviews in Bathurst NSW
- Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Click the APPLY NOW button or go to https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
- Upload your cover letter and resume
- Applications close 7th February 2020
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees.
Skillset has over 38 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation.
Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
This position is an Aboriginal Identified position in accordance with Section 14 (D) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.back to listing