About the role
Skillset in conjunction with a local Orange business is currently seeking applications for a full time Painting Apprenticeship to join their team. The successful applicant will complete a Certificate III in Painting and Decorating over a 4-year term, whilst receiving formal and on the job training.
This is an exciting opportunity for applicants to commence a role within a growing industry that will provide both on the job experience and study. You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Workforce Consultant who will support you through your Apprenticeship and at the successful completion of the role, you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
This exciting opportunity is suited to a hard-working individual who is eager to pursue a career in the Painting and Decorating industry.
- Learn the foundations to develop skills and knowledge used in the painting and decorating field
- Assist the team with all aspects of new homes paints, repaints and general housekeeping of the sites
- Follow instructions from qualified tradesmen
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- Current Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Sound communication skills
- Demonstrated willingness to learn
- Committed to the study component of the apprenticeship
- Keen interest in the Painting and Decorating industry
- White Card or willingness to obtain White Card before commencement
- Nationally accredited qualification in Australia
- Formal on the job training
- Mentoring and support from a dedicated Skillset Workforce Consultant
How to apply:
To apply for this exciting opportunity, click the APPLY NOW button. Please upload a Cover Letter and Resume stating which role you would like to apply for and what location.
Applications closes: 16th February 2020
*Only successful applicants will be contacted
*Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered
*Demonstrated work rights in Australia
At Skillset, our vision is to create life-changing opportunities for people and communities in regional NSW.
Skillset offers a range of services including recruitment, apprenticeship and traineeship services, skills development and mentoring programs as well as alternative senior school education pathways.
Skillset is committed to generating employment opportunities through education and skills development for people across regional NSW.
Skillset has a great range of exciting positions available, visit http://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/back to listing