About the role
Skillset in conjunction with Western NSW Local Health District in Dubbo are seeking applications for their new Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Apprentice. The successful candidate will complete a Certificate III in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration over a 4-year placement whilst receiving practical training from industry experts.
This entry-level opportunity is suited to applicants who are highly-motivated, team player, eager for hands on work, capable of working in diverse environments are looking to pursue a career in the lucrative Air Conditioning industry. The Western NSW Local Health District maintenance team in Dubbo provide maintenance and repair services to 16 health care service providers across the region.
- Excellent career opportunity to join a well-known and prominent Central West organisation
- A full time, 4-year placement that will provide formal on the job training
- You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship
- At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification.
- Assisting qualified Air conditioning Mechanics in general maintenance, repair and servicing across 16 health care service providers
- Ability to diagnose and determine sources of Air conditioning malfunctions and complete repairs as indicated or according to work orders and instructions
- Servicing a wide variety of refrigeration and Air Conditioning systems
- Use hand tools
- Use power tools
- Adhere to Work Place Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Complete all related course work associated with the Apprenticeship
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO:
- Hold a current White Card or willing to obtain before start date
- Hold a current Driver's Licence or Provisional Licence
- Have reliable transport to and from work
- Can undertake overnight stays when necessary
- Can commit to out of town travel and working away from home
- Have high attention to detail, are organised and have time management skills
- Show commitment to the study component of the Apprenticeship
- Display a keen interest in pursuing Air-conditioning and Refrigeration as a career
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR WNSWLHD:
- The Western NSW Local Health District offers a very supportive work environment with senior team members to mentor you throughout your Apprenticeship
- Potential career progression
- Paid training and development
- Varied Work – No two days are the same
NEXT STEPS/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately
- The first stage of assessment is an online entrance exam that will be emailed to you automatically when you apply. Individuals who do not complete the online entrance exam within the specified time frame will be unable to progress to the next stage.
- Only applications with a cover letter and up-to-date resume will be considered
- Your cover letter must address the selection criteria and tell us why you are interested in the traineeship/apprenticeship. We would also love to hear about any experience or projects you have been involved in that are related to the trade.
- Applicants must be able to attend interviews in Dubbo NSW
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Click the APPLY NOW button or go to https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
- Upload your updated cover letter and resume
- Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees. Skillset has over 40 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end-to-end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation. Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/
CareerLink Central West is a free career development service providing you with accessible, quality careers information to make informed career decisions.
Keep up-to-date with upcoming career events, webinars, newsletters and useful resources to help you on your career journey. If you are 25 – 44 and live in the Central West NSW, you may be eligible for a Free Career Consultation. Click on the link below and fill in the form to be contacted for an appointment: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/careerlink-central-west-2/back to listing