About the role
- Work within a small, supportive team in a relaxed environment
- Work outdoors in the beautiful and ever-growing Central West region
- Earn while you learn valuable trade skills and branch out to a prosperous future
Skillset in conjunction with a well-established Orange sporting club are seeking applications for those who are passionate about sporting grounds and are committed to completing their Greenkeeper (Sports Turf Management) Apprenticeship.
The successful candidate will complete a Certificate III in Horticulture - Sports Turf Management over a 4-year period through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience.
As an entry-level position, this role is suited to applicants who are hardworking, community focused, eager to learn and have an interest in turf maintenance practices.
- Maintenance of the greens; including mowing, cutting and rolling
- Operating/maintaining machinery and equipment
- Control weeds, plant pests, diseases & disorders
- Prepare sports turf surfaces for play
- Adhere to all WHS Policies and Procedures
- Complete all theory work related to the Apprenticeship
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and an eagerness to learn
- Are physically fit, outgoing and enjoy working outdoors in a physically demanding role
- Willingness to learn the trade and the operation of the machinery involved
- Strong attention to detail and pride in producing quality work
- Be paid to study and gain valuable skills through on-the-job training
- A full time, 4-year placement that will provide formal on the job training
- You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship
- At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click "Apply Now" button to upload your cover letter and resume.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate Australian Work Rights
- Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered
- Only successful applicants will be contacted
Introducing Skillset CareerLink Central West - Sign up for CareerLink Updates!
CareerLink Central West is a free career development service providing you with accessible, quality careers information to make informed career decisions.
Keep up-to-date with upcoming career events, webinars, newsletters and useful resources to help you on your career journey.
And, if you live in the Central West NSW, you may be eligible for a Free Career Consultation. Click on the link below and fill in the form to be contacted for an appointment.
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees. Skillset has over 39 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation. Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/back to listing