About the role
- Work for a local government organisation
- Be supported in multiple avenues throughout your entire Traineeship
- Learn valuable skills to begin your career journey
Are you looking for a role that can kick start your career within the Early Childhood industry? Do you have excellent team work and communication skills and have a strong compassion for others? Skillset, in conjunction with a local government organisation are seeking applications for their new Early Childhood Trainee. The successful candidate will complete a Certificate III in Early Childhood.
This entry-level opportunity is suited to a hard-working individual who is passionate and eager to learn new skills and gain a nationally recognised qualification within the Childcare sector.
- Excellent career opportunity to join a well-known and prominent Early Childhood organisation
- A full time, 18-month placement that will provide formal on the job training
- You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Traineeship
- At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- A rotational day off every 4 weeks
- Assisting Qualified Educators and Room Leaders to care and education children between the ages 0-5
- Learn the foundations and content to develop skills and knowledge used in the Early Childhood industry
- Assisting with the daily operations of the centre, including feeding, sleep time and activities
- Supporting the team with planning and implementing of educational program that will support children’s wellbeing, learning and development
- Adhering to and carry out Health and Safety procedures including cleaning, washing and food preparation
- Maintaining daily documentation
- Complete all related TAFE work and study associated with the Traineeship
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO:
- Keen interest in Early Childhood and pursuing it as a career
- Keen attention to detail with excellent communication skills
- Aptitude for problem solving and working in a fast paced environment
- Time management and organisational skills
- Competent computer skills and confidence in Microsoft Office
- Committed to the study component of the Traineeship
- Hold a current Drivers Licence (desirable)
- Have a current Working with Children Check (WWCC) or willing to obtain before commencement
NEXT STEPS/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- The first stage of assessment is an online entrance exam that will be emailed you automatically when you apply. Individuals who do not complete the online entrance exam within the specified time frame will be unable to progress to the next stage.
- Only applications with a cover letter and up-to-date resume will considered
- Your cover letter must address the selection criteria and tell us why you are interested in the Traineeship. We would also love to hear about any experience or projects you have been involved in that are related to the industry.
- Applicants must be able to attend interviews in Bathurst, NSW
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately
- Click the APPLY NOW button or go to https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
- Upload your updated cover letter and resume
Introducing Skillset CareerLink Central West - Sign up for CareerLink Updates!
CareerLink Central West is a free career development service providing you with accessible, quality careers information to make informed career decisions.
Keep up-to-date with upcoming career events, webinars, newsletters and useful resources to help you on your career journey.
And, if you live in the Central West NSW, you may be eligible for a Free Career Consultation. Click on the link below and fill in the form to be contacted for an appointment.
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees. Skillset has over 40 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation. Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/
back to listing