About the role
- Permanent, full-time position
- Orange, NSW location
- Work/Life Balance
- Monday to Friday
Our client, is a family owned metal manufacturing company specialising in storage systems for over 40 years, both nationally and internationally.
Due to continued growth, the company is seeking an enthusiastic and proactive Junior Estimator to join their team based in their Orange corporate office in Central West NSW.
The role will focus on:
- Building relationships with key vendors, suppliers and contractors
- Consulting with Project Managers to discuss estimates and resolve issues
- Reading architectural construction plans and technical documents to prepare estimates
- Collaborating with Engineers, Architects, Clients, Contractors, the Projects, Business Development and Estimation teams
- Support the estimation team in the design of the workflow process
- Assisting in preparing estimates in a proficient and timely manner
- Identifying and quantifying all cost factors of different project types for construction and supply
- Supporting in the process of compilation of tender packages
- Using ERP system
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Diploma in Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrated basic understanding of estimating and the construction industry (graduate student would be considered)
- Knowledge in Buildsoft Cubit or similar estimation software (Desirable but not essential)
- High attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills using systems
- Drivers Licence
- A supportive and collaborative team culture
- An exciting and diverse role where every day is different
- Ongoing, full time work in a regional location
- Attractive salary package tailored to experience
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click Apply Now button to upload your cover letter and resume. Applications close Wednesday 10th July, 2022.
*Only successful applicants will be contacted
*Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered
*Applicants must be able to demonstrate Australian Work Rights
Introducing Skillset CareerLink Central West - Sign up for CareerLink Updates!
CareerLink Central West is a free career development service providing you with accessible, quality careers information to make informed career decisions.
Keep up-to-date with upcoming career events, webinars, newsletters and useful resources to help you on your career journey.
And, if you live in the Central West NSW, you may be eligible for a Free Career Consultation. Click on the link below and fill in the form to be contacted for an appointment.
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees. Skillset has over 39 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation. Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/back to listing