About the role
- Permanent, Full-Time Opportunity
- Creative and diverse role
- Work/Life Balance
- Well established business in Orange, NSW
Our client is a leading manufacturer and supplier of storage solutions for residential sites, both nationally and internationally.
Due to continued growth, the company is seeking an experienced Draftsperson | Steel Detailer to be based at their head office in Orange, NSW.
This role is a great opportunity to build on and utilise your technical drawing knowledge to design and create detailed drawings for self-storage building projects.
In this creative and administrative position, you will keep updated a full library of all project components, detailing steelwork and shop drawings.
The role will focus on:
- Creating technical drawings, manufacturing schematics, and 2D and 3D digital models of mechanical equipment designs
- Collecting initial drawings, calculations and design ideas from engineers, and combining all relevant data
- Coordinating directly with engineers and project managers to understand project requirements
- Annotating and verifying all numerical designations and specifications in technical drawings and schematics
- Communicating with manufacturing personnel to create detailed layouts prior to production
- Providing support to engineering team as needed
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience in 3D CAD design
- Strong understanding of construction methodologies
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and designs
- Strong time management capabilities
- Proficient with MS Word and MS Excel
- Compliance with Quality, Safety and Environmental Standards
- Data analysis and reporting capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy in all work
- A supportive and collaborative team culture
- An exciting role, where every day is different
- Great permanent opportunity in a regional location
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click "Apply" button to upload your cover letter and resume.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately, we will be reviewing applications as they are submitted, therefore, the role may be filled prior to the close date of Wednesday 10th August, 2022.
*Only successful applicants will be contacted
*Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered
*Applicants must be able to demonstrate Australian Work Rights
Introducing Skillset CareerLink Central West - Sign up for CareerLink Updates!
Keep up-to-date with upcoming career events, webinars, newsletters and useful resources to help you on your career journey. And, if you live in the Central West NSW, you may be eligible for a Free Career Consultation. Click on the link below and fill in the form to be contacted for an appointment. https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/careerlink-central-west-2/
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees. Skillset has over 39 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation. Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/back to listing