About the role
- Work with an established business that is family owned and operates across Central West NSW
- Earn while you learn valuable trade skills and open doors to a prosperous future
- Work closely with an array of tradespeople to create and install customised projects
Line your path to the future and have a blast in your new career, working with a well-known company in Central West NSW. Skillset, in conjunction with Hort Enterprises are seeking a hard-working individual who have a knack for problem solving to join the team as their new Rubber Lining Trainees. Over a 3-year period, you will complete a Certificate III in Surface Preparation and Coating Application through a combination of on the job mentoring by qualified Tradespeople and formal theory work.
This is an entry level-position which is suited to hard-working individuals with a passion for rubber, ceramics and sand blasting and who take pride in their work. The successful candidate will work closely with qualified Fitters, Drafting Engineers and Welders to produce quality custom projects and will get to experience working in the local mines.
- Assist qualified tradespeople in surface preparation for coating through cleaning and abrasive blasting.
- Work with a variety of surfaces including conveyers, trucks, chutes and piping
- Mixing chemicals to prepare glue solutions.
- Assist the qualified tradesperson to install rubber and ceramic lining on final product and maintain wear-damage on and off site.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Hold a White Card (or willing to obtain prior to commencement)
- Hold a current Drivers’ Licence
- Demonstrated ability to work as part as a diverse team and achieve result together
- Exhibit a good work ethic and hold good time-management skills to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Strong attention to detail and pride in producing quality work
- Ability to work in a physically demanding role
- Be paid to study and gain valuable skills through on-the-job training
- Work within the both the engineering and mining industries while learning valuable skills
- A full time, 36-month placement that will provide formal on the job training
- You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship
- At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click "Apply Now" button to upload your cover letter and resume.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate Australian Work Rights
- Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered
- Only successful applicants will be contacted
Introducing Skillset CareerLink Central West - Sign up for CareerLink Updates!
CareerLink Central West is a free career development service providing you with accessible, quality careers information to make informed career decisions.
Keep up-to-date with upcoming career events, webinars, newsletters and useful resources to help you on your career journey.
And, if you live in the Central West NSW, you may be eligible for a Free Career Consultation. Click on the link below and fill in the form to be contacted for an appointment.
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees. Skillset has over 39 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation. Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/back to listing