About the role
Powerline Worker Apprenticeship – Bathurst NSW
- Full Time Permanent Position
- Bathurst, NSW Location
Skillset in conjunction with one of the leading electrical network contractors in the Central West are seeking applicants for their new Apprentice Powerline Worker to join their Bathurst Team.
The successful applicant will complete a Certificate III Electrical Supply Industry – Power Systems – Distribution Overhead over a four-year period, whilst gaining practical on-the-job experience alongside highly-skilled and experienced mentors as well as formal training from a Register Training Organisation.
An excellent opportunity to work in the specialised electrical industry, from construction and designs to repairs and installations, you will work across a range of applications including residential and industrial.
This position is suited to an organised and hardworking individual, who enjoys working in a team and is passionate about completing their apprenticeship in the electrical field.
- Rewarding career opportunity in Bathurst to join a prominent Central West organisation
- A full time, four-year placement that will provide formal on-the-job training
- You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship
- At the successful competition of the role, you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- Assist in the construction of overhead and underground infrastructure
- Assist in the installation of metering, inspections, tests, connections, and disconnections of the electrical network and complete reports as required
- Undertake duties associated with customer service, data collation, maintenance tasks and general depot operations
- Work according to company policies and procedures in a safe, timely and efficient manner to achieve a high level of quality and business success
- Operate and use vehicles, plant, tools and safety equipment associated with the role in a safe and effective manner as required under relevant licenses and SafeWork certification
- Actively participate in and contribute to all company required safety, audit and reporting procedures prior to commencement of any work and monitor ongoing workplace implementations of these requirements
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Eager to start your career in the electrical supply industry
- Ability to work within a team and in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to travel as required
- Highly organised and equipped with time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Commitment to adhering to all WHS Policies and Procedures to ensure a safe work environment for all
- Possess a current Drivers Licence
- A current White Card (or willing to obtain prior to commencement)
- Committed to the study component of Apprenticeship, including attending TAFE
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately
- The first stage of assessment is an online entrance exam that will be emailed to you automatically when you apply. Individuals who do not complete the online entrance exam within the specified timeframe will be unable to progress to the next stage
- Only applicants with a cover letter and up-to-date resume will be considered
- Your cover letter must address the selection criteria and tell us why you are interested in the apprenticeship. We would love to hear about any experience you have or projects you have completed in the electrical field
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate Australian Work Rights
- Only successful applicants will be contacted
Introducing Skillset CareerLink Central West - Sign up for CareerLink Updates!
CareerLink Central West is a free career development service providing you with accessible, quality careers information to make informed career decisions.
Keep up-to-date with upcoming career events, webinars, newsletters and useful resources to help you on your career journey.
And, if you are 25 – 44 and live in the Central West NSW, you may be eligible for a Free Career Consultation. Click on the link below and fill in the form to be contacted for an appointment.
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees. Skillset has over 39 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation. Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/back to listing