About the role
Skillset, in conjunction with a well-respected Landscaping business are seeking applications for their new Landscaping Apprentice to join their team in Orange.
The successful applicant will complete a Certificate III in Landscape Construction over a four-year period, completing formal training whilst gaining on-the-job experience alongside highly skilled and experienced tradespeople.
This is a fantastic opportunity to commence a hands-on role which focuses on landscape design in both domestic and commercial sectors. With opportunity to travel within your position while working on large scale projects and working locally on both large scale and smaller projects.
This opportunity is suited to a hardworking individual, who is keen to learn the ins and outs of the landscaping trade, with a passion for horticulture and landscaping.
- Excellent career opportunity in Orange to join a well-known and prominent Central West business
- A full time, four-year placement that will provide formal on the job training
- You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship
- At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- Loading, unloading and moving garden supplies and equipment
- Preparing sites and plots using hand tools and machines
- Assisting with planting and transplanting flowers, shrubs, trees and lawns
- Erecting steel structures and retaining walls, constructing pathways and other ground work and placing and maintaining turf during the design process
- Working closely with qualified Tradespeople as well as clients and other stakeholders to ensure quality service is provided
- Adhere to all WHS Policies and Procedures
- Complete all theory work related to the Apprenticeship
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS:
- Are eager to start their career in Horticulture and Landscaping
- Willingness to learn the trade and the operation of the machinery involved
- Ability to work within a team and in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to travel as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- High attention to detail
- Current Drivers Licence
- Committed to the study component of the Apprenticeship
- Hold a White Card or are willing to obtain prior to the start date
NEXT STEP/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately
- The first stage of assessment is an online entrance exam that will be emailed to you automatically when you apply. Individuals who do not complete the online entrance exam within the specified timeframe will be unable to progress to the next stage.
- Only applications with a cover letter and up-to-date resume will be considered
- Your cover letter must address the selection criteria and tell us why you are interested in the traineeship. We would also love to hear about any experience or projects you have completed in the Landscaping field
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Click the APPLY NOW button or go to https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
- Upload your cover letter and resume
- All applicants are encouraged to apply immediately
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees.
Skillset has over 39 years industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation.
Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
CareerLink Central West is a free career development service providing you with accessible, quality careers information to make informed career decisions.
Keep up-to-date with upcoming career events, webinars, newsletters and useful resources to help you on your career journey. If you are 25 – 44 and live in the Central West NSW, you may be eligible for a Free Career Consultation. Click on the link below and fill in the form to be contacted for an appointment: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/careerlink-central-west-2/
back to listing