About the role
Skillset in conjunction with Central West Fluid Power are seeking applications for their new Fitter Machinist Apprentice to join their team. Central West Fluid Power is a locally owned and operated organisation that specialises in Hydraulic Repairs and Maintenance.
The successful candidate will complete a Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical over a 4-year placement whilst receiving practical training from industry experts. This entry-level opportunity is suited to an applicant who is a team player, enjoys hands on work, has a passion for mechanics and is keen to pursue a career in Engineering.
- Excellent career opportunity to join a well-known and prominent Central West organisation
- A full time, four-year placement that will provide formal on the job training
- You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship
- At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- Learn the foundations and content to develop skills and knowledge used in the Engineering industry
- Assist tradespeople in hydraulic repairs, maintenance and hose manufacturing
- Setting up tools and machinery for fabrication process, including guides, stops and other controls.
- Assembling fabricated parts to produce products, parts and machines.
- Use hand tools (spanners, screwdrivers, hacksaw, scribers, verniers, steel rules, pliers and punches etc.)
- Use power tools (Electric drills, angle grinders and pneumatic (air) tools and hydraulic equipment etc.)
- Operate workshop equipment (metal machining lathes, milling machines, cutting, drilling, welding and grinding equipment)
- General cleaning duties of equipment and machinery
- Adhere to Work Place Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Complete all related course work associated with the Apprenticeship
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO:
- Have reliable transport to and from work
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast paced environment
- Aptitude for problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- High mathematic skills
- Willingness to take direction and follow instructions
- Excellent teamwork, listening and communication skills
- Have high attention to detail, are organised and have time management skills
- Show commitment to the study component of the Apprenticeship
NEXT STEPS/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately
- The first stage of assessment is an online entrance exam that will be emailed to you automatically when you apply. Individuals who do not complete the online entrance exam within the specified time frame will be unable to progress to the next stage.
- Only applications with a cover letter and up-to-date resume will be considered
- Your cover letter must address the selection criteria and tell us why you are interested in the traineeship/apprenticeship. We would also love to hear about any experience or projects you have been involved in that are related to the trade.
- Applicants must be able to attend interviews in Parkes NSW
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Click the APPLY NOW button or go to https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
- Upload your updated cover letter and resume
- Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees. Skillset has over 39 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end-to-end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation. Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/
CareerLink Central West is a free career development service providing you with accessible, quality careers information to make informed career decisions.
Keep up-to-date with upcoming career events, webinars, newsletters and useful resources to help you on your career journey. If you are 25 – 44 and live in the Central West NSW, you may be eligible for a Free Career Consultation. Click on the link below and fill in the form to be contacted for an appointment.back to listing