About the role
Skillset in conjunction with a large and prominent engineering business in Orange are seeking applications for their new School Based Apprentice. The successful candidate will complete their Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade over a five year placement.
Held over a five-year period the program combines paid work, training and school so that you earn an industry recognised national qualification and gain credit towards your HSC. Once you finish your HSC, you will transfer into your second year of the apprenticeship and will begin full-time work with your host.
This opportunity is suited to a current year 10 student that is dedicated, self-motivated and hard-working individual with a keen interest in pursuing a career in Boilermaking.
- Excellent career opportunity to join a well-known and prominent local organisation
- Five-year, paid placement that will provide formal on the job training
- You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your School Based Apprenticeship.
- At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification.
- Learn the foundations and content to develop skills and knowledge used in the Engineering and Boilermaking Industry.
- Assist tradesmen with fabrication, engineering and relevant duties.
- Work one-on-one with Boilermakers
- Undertake general housekeeping duties within the workshop environment.
- Adhere to Work Place Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Attend TAFE in Orange NSW
- Complete all related TAFE work and attend classes associated with the Apprenticeship
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO:
- Currently in Year 10 and wanting to continue to Year 12
- Committed to the study component of the Apprenticeship whilst completing their other allocated school studies
- Have an aptitude for Mathematics
- Have a keen interest in the Engineering industry.
- An aptitude for problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Good attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication.
- The ability to adapt to change and work in a fast paced environment.
- Have reliable transport to get to and from work.
- White Card or be willing to obtain a White Card before commencement
- Attend TAFE in Orange NSW
NEXT STEPS/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Applicants are encouraged to apply ASAP
- If you are interested in this opportunity and attend a school in the Orange region - please speak to your Careers Advisor. Once you have registered your interest with your school head to https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/ for further information and to apply. To also speak to a Skillset Representative, please call Ben Ruddy – 0409 455 033.
- Only applications with a cover letter and up-to-date resume will be considered - your cover letter should tell us why you are interested in the School Based Apprenticeship and any experience you may have related to the field.
- Once you apply you will receive an online entrance exam via automatic reply. Individuals who do not complete the online entrance exam within the specified time frame will be unable to progress to the next stage
- Applicants must be able to attend TAFE in Orange, NSW
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees. Skillset has over 38 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation. Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/back to listing