About the role
Skillset in conjunction with Wilpinjong Coal Mine of Peabody, are currently seeking applications for multiple full time Automotive Electrical Apprentices to complete their Automotive – Electrical Technology Certificate III. The successful applicants will install, service, diagnose electrical and computer based systems for the machinery used in the Mining Industry, including installing vehicle wiring, immobilizers, and alarm and safety systems. At the completion of the Apprenticeship, the candidates will be able to diagnose and repair all electrical components of a variety of machinery and more. The successful applicants will work onsite at Wilpinjong Coal, located approximately 60 kilometres northeast of Mudgee NSW.
This is a fantastic opportunity for applicants to join a well-known and prominent mining organisation whilst entering a full time placement that will provide both on the job experience and study. These roles are suited to applicants who are practical and enjoy hands on work, have machinery/mechanical experience, are adaptable and wanting to pursue a career in the mining industry.
- Excellent career opportunity to join Wilpinjong Coal Mine of Peabody and gain invaluable experience within the mining industry
- A full time, 4-year placement that will provide formal on the job training
- You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship
- At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- Learn the foundations and content to develop skills and knowledge required in the automotive electrical trade and Coal Mining industry
- Assist qualified tradespeople with all aspects of electrical service, fault finding, maintenance and project work across a diverse range of machines
- Assist qualified tradespeople in the workshop during your first three years, and then progress to working in the Pit from fourth year
- Adhere to Work Place Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Complete all related course work associated with the Apprenticeship
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO:
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Have an aptitude for maths and are mechanically minded
- Ability to work in a physically demanding role
- Willing to undergo night shifts as the Apprenticeship progresses
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to obtain a Full Functional Pre-Employment Medical
- Must be 18 as of week commencing 6th September 2021
- Continuing Apprentices are encouraged to apply
- Ability to attend TAFE in Dubbo, NSW
- Driver’s Licence (Provisional Licence minimum)
NEXT STEPS/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately
- The first stage of assessment is an online entrance exam that will be emailed to you automatically when you apply. Individuals who do not complete the online entrance exam within the specified time frame will be unable to progress to the next stage.
- Only applications with a cover letter and up-to-date resume will be considered
- Your cover letter must address which qualification you’re applying for, the selection criteria and tell us why you are interested in the apprenticeship. We would also love to hear about any experience or projects you have been involved in that are related to the trade.
- Applicants must be able to attend client interviews on 21st July 2021 and be able to undertake an Order 43 medical on week commencing 9th August 2021
- Applicants must be able to commence onsite on week commencing 6th September 2021
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Click the APPLY NOW button or go to https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
- Upload your updated cover letter and resume
- Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately
Introducing Skillset CareerLink Central West - Sign up for CareerLink Updates!
CareerLink Central West is a free career development service providing you with accessible, quality careers information to make informed career decisions.
Keep up-to-date with upcoming career events, webinars, newsletters and useful resources to help you on your career journey.
And, if you are 25 – 44 and live in the Central West NSW, you may be eligible for a Free Career Consultation. Click on the link below and fill in the form to be contacted for an appointment.
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees. Skillset has over 39 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation. Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/back to listing