About the role
- Permanent Full Time Position
- Orange location, work for a successful family business
- Competitive hourly rate
Our client, a successful family owned manufacturing company with over 40 years’ experience specialising in storage systems operating both nationally and internationally, are seeking a Qualified Fitter Machinist to join their team.
This opportunity will appeal to an experienced tradesman, looking to take advantage of the regional lifestyle that Orange has to offer.
In this hands-on role, the duties include but are not limited to:
- Working with the use of workshop equipment such as milling machines and lathes
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and plans
- Assist in the day to day running of the workshop
- Completing all assignments to a high standard, ensuring compliance with relevant welding standards
- Ability to work to tight deadlines while maintaining product quality
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Trade qualification
- Previous manufacturing and production experience ideal but not essential
- Experience in milling and lathing
- Technical skills and experience
- Ability to manage deadlines
- Strong safety knowledge
- High attention to detail and outstanding organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills using systems
- Be a motivated individual and encompass the ability to work well autonomously
- Drivers Licence
- A supportive and collaborative team culture
- An exciting and diverse role where every day is different
- Ongoing, full time work in a regional location
- Attractive salary package tailored to experience
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click "Apply Now" button to upload your cover letter and resume.
Applications close on 5th July 2021. Applications are encouraged to apply ASAP.
*Only successful applicants will be contacted
*Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered
*Applicants must be able to demonstrate Australian Work Rights
Introducing Skillset CareerLink Central West - Sign up for CareerLink Updates!
CareerLink Central West is a free career development service providing you with accessible, quality careers information to make informed career decisions.
Keep up-to-date with upcoming career events, webinars, newsletters and useful resources to help you on your career journey.
And, if you are 25 – 44 and live in the Central West NSW, you may be eligible for a Free Career Consultation. Click on the link below and fill in the form to be contacted for an appointment.
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees. Skillset has over 39 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation. Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/