About the role
Water Industry Operations Traineeship – Narromine Shire Council
Skillset in conjunction with Narromine Shire Council are seeking applications for their new Water Industry Operations Trainee. The successful candidate will complete a Certificate III in Water Industry Operations over a 2-year placement whilst receiving practical training from industry experts.
This entry-level opportunity is suited to applicants who are eager to make a difference in the local community, driven to learn, enjoy working outdoors in a hands on role and are keen to pursue a career in the Water Industry.
- Excellent career opportunity to join a well-known and prominent organisation
- A full time, 24-month placement that will provide formal on the job training
- You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship or Traineeship
- At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- Learn the foundations and content to develop skills and knowledge used in the Water Industry
- Assist the team in day-to-day operations of the Sewerage and Water Treatment Plants
- Perform routine plant inspections to maintain plant operating capability as directed
- Under close direction, adjust chemical dose rates in response to water quality issues and monitor treatment plant operating parameters
- Assist in analysing samples, collecting and recording data entry as well as assisting in laboratory testing
- Operate and maintain minor plant, equipment and water and wastewater systems and assets in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and manufacturer’s instructions
- Identify and assist in the solution to any communication and workflow problems observed
- Liaise with clients, Council employees and other service providers in relation to service requests and system faults
- Adhere to Work Place Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Complete all related theory work and attend classes associated with the Traineeship
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO:
- Have reliable transport to and from work
- White Card or be willing to obtain one before commencement
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a diverse team, high attention to detail and ability to adapt to changes
- Display a keen interest in Water Operations and pursuing it as a career
- Commitment to Council’s Mission, Values and Code of Conduct
- Show commitment to the study component of the Traineeship
- Willingness to undertake a Pre-Employment Medical, including a drug and alcohol examination prior to commencement
NEXT STEPS/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately
- The first stage of assessment is an online entrance exam that will be emailed to you automatically when you apply. Individuals who do not complete the online entrance exam within the specified time frame will be unable to progress to the next stage.
- Only applications with a cover letter and up-to-date resume will be considered
- Your cover letter must address the selection criteria and tell us why you are interested in the traineeship/apprenticeship. We would also love to hear about any experience or projects you have been involved in that are related to the trade.
- Applicants must be able to attend initial interviews in either Dubbo or Narromine NSW
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Click the APPLY NOW button or go to https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
- Upload your updated cover letter and resume
- Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately
ABOUT NARROMINE SHIRE COUNCIL
Narromine Shire Council covers an area of 5264 km2 and has a population of approximately 6444 in the rural townships of Narromine, Trangie and Tomingley and the surrounding rural areas. Narromine is located 40km from the regional city of Dubbo.
The identities and values of Narromine Shire have been shaped by the culture of the Wiradjuri People, early farmers and by our strong aviation and sporting history. Today, the Shire has a significant farming-based industry that contributes nationally.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR THE NARROMIE SHIRE COUNCIL:
- The Narromine Shire Council offers a very supportive work environment with senior team members to mentor you throughout your Traineeship
- Potential career progression
- Paid training and development
- Varied Work – No two days are the same
- Flexible working arrangements
- Nine (9) day Fortnight - one (1) Registered Day Off (RDO) a Fortnight
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees. Skillset has over 39 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end-to-end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation. Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/
CareerLink Central West is a free career development service providing you with accessible, quality careers information to make informed career decisions.
Keep up-to-date with upcoming career events, webinars, newsletters and useful resources to help you on your career journey. If you are 25 – 44 and live in the Central West NSW, you may be eligible for a Free Career Consultation. Click on the link below and fill in the form to be contacted for an appointment: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/careerlink-central-west-2/back to listing