About the role
2nd or 3rd Year Carpentry Apprenticeship - Dubbo NSW
Skillset in conjunction with growing residential building business are seeking applications for a 2nd or 3rd Year Carpentry Apprentice to join their team. The successful candidate will continue their Certificate III in Carpentry, and gain invaluable hands on experience whilst learning from industry experts.
This opportunity is suited to applicants who are hardworking, eager for hands on work, capable of working in diverse environments and are looking to further their career within the construction industry. Our client specialises in residential construction with most of their work being new builds with some renovations or alterations and additions, including re-roofing and insurance work across Dubbo NSW and surrounds.
- Excellent career opportunity to join a well-known and prominent Central West organisation
- A full time placement that will provide formal on the job training
- You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship
- At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification.
- Assist qualified builders in new residential builds and renovations or alterations and additions, by assisting in the standing of frames, installing skirting board, internal and external cladding, eaves and assisting in the fit-out and fixture of doors and hardware
- Assist in repairing, replacing and installing roofs on residential homes
- Have the ability to read drawings and specifications to determine materials required, dimensions and installation procedures/layout
- Use hand tools (e.g. hand saws, hammers, chisels, measuring tapes and levelling devices etc.)
- Use power tools (e.g. electric/battery drills, Circular Saws, Band Saws, Planers, Nail Guns and laser levelling devices etc.)
- Adhere to Work Place Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Complete all related course work associated with the Apprenticeship
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO:
- Must have at least one (1) full year of carpentry experience and up to date with RTO studies
- Hold a current White Card or willing to obtain before start date
- Hold a current Driver's Licence or Provisional Licence
- Have reliable transport to and from work and are willing to utilise it throughout the course of their employment
- Have own tools (preferred but not essential)
- Can undertake overnight stays where necessary
- Can commit to out of town travel and working away from home
- Have high attention to detail, are organised and have time management skills
- Show commitment to continuing the study component of the Apprenticeship
- Display a keen interest in continuing a career within the construction industry
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR OUR CLIENT:
- Our client offers a very supportive work environment with senior team members to mentor you throughout your Apprenticeship
- Paid training and development
- Varied Work – No two days are the same
NEXT STEPS/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately
- The first stage of assessment is an online entrance exam that will be emailed to you automatically when you apply. Individuals who do not complete the online entrance exam within the specified time frame will be unable to progress to the next stage.
- Only applications with a cover letter and up-to-date resume will be considered
- Your cover letter must address the selection criteria and tell us why you are interested in the traineeship/apprenticeship. We would also love to hear about any experience or projects you have been involved in that are related to the trade.
- Applicants must be able to attend interviews in Dubbo NSW
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Click the APPLY NOW button or go to https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
- Upload your updated cover letter and resume
- Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees. Skillset has over 39 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end-to-end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation. Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/
CareerLink Central West is a free career development service providing you with accessible, quality careers information to make informed career decisions.
Keep up-to-date with upcoming career events, webinars, newsletters and useful resources to help you on your career journey. If you are 25 – 44 and live in the Central West NSW, you may be eligible for a Free Career Consultation. Click on the link below and fill in the form to be contacted for an appointment: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/careerlink-central-west-2/back to listing