About the role
Skillset in conjunction with a prominent local Painting and Decorating Company are seeking applications for their new Painting Apprentice. The successful applicants will complete a Certificate III Painting and Decorating whilst receiving practical training from industry experts.
This entry-level opportunity is suited to applicants who are highly-motivated, team players, enjoy hands on work and are keen to pursue a career in Painting and Decorating.
- Excellent career opportunity to join a well-known and prominent Central West organisation
- A full time, four-year placement that will provide formal on the job training
- You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship
- At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification.
- Learn the foundations and content to develop skills and knowledge used in the Painting and Decorating industry.
- Learn the foundations to develop skills and knowledge used in the painting and decorating field
- Assist the team with all aspects of preparing a variety of surfaces for painting including sanding and patching.
- Assist with the painting including spray painting, general repairs and housekeeping
- Maintain and clean all equipment
- Follow instructions from qualified tradesmen
- Adhere to key WH&S procedures
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO:
- Have a White Card or be willing to obtain one before commencement
- Hold a current Driver's Licence or Provisional Driver's Licence
- Have demonstrated a willingness to learn and develop own skills and knowledge
- Committed to the study component of the Apprenticeship
- Passion for painting and decorating
- Have prior study or work experience in field desired but not essential
- Willing to undertake a Pre-Employment Medical prior to commencement
NEXT STEPS/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately
- The first stage of assessment is an online entrance exam that will be emailed to you automatically when you apply. Individuals who do not complete the online entrance exam within the specified time frame will be unable to progress to the next stage.
- Only applications with a cover letter and up-to-date resume will be considered
- Your cover letter must address the selection criteria and tell us why you are interested in the traineeship/apprenticeship. We would also love to hear about any experience or projects you have been involved in that are related to the trade.
- Applicants must be able to attend interviews in Orange NSW
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Click the APPLY NOW button or go to https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
- Upload your updated cover letter and resume
- Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately
Introducing Skillset CareerLink Central West - Sign up for CareerLink Updates!
CareerLink Central West is a free career development service providing you with accessible, quality careers information to make informed career decisions.
Keep up-to-date with upcoming career events, webinars, newsletters and useful resources to help you on your career journey.
And, if you are 25 – 44 and live in the Central West NSW, you may be eligible for a Free Career Consultation. Click on the link below and fill in the form to be contacted for an appointment.
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees. Skillset has over 39 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation. Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/back to listing