About the role
Skillset, in conjunction with Bathurst Regional Council are seeking applications for their new Greenkeeper Apprentice. The successful candidate will complete a Certificate III Horticulture – Sports Turf Management over a 4-year period.
This role offers invaluable hands on experience whilst learning from industry experts. As an entry-level position, it is suited to applicants who are hardworking, community focused, have an interest in turf maintenance practices, are adaptable and ready to join a passionate and enthusiastic team.
- Excellent career opportunity to join Bathurst Regional Council and gain invaluable experience within the Greenkeeping industry
- A full time, 4-year placement that will provide formal on the job training
- You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship
- At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- Learn and develop a varied skillset needed to succeed in the Greenkeeping/ Turf Management industry
- Assist in the maintenance and of a wide range of sporting fields including cricket pitches, AFL, hockey fields and soccer fields etc.
- Undertake a variety of labouring activities such as turf upkeep, installing and maintaining irrigation systems and line marking
- Operate machinery and equipment
- Adapt to rapidly changing requirements of the sporting codes and community needs
- Participate enthusiastically as part of a team, whilst also being a strong independent worker
- Adhere to Work Place Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Complete all related course work associated with the Apprenticeship
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO:
- Are seeking to kick start their career in Greenkeeping
- Have a current or provisional Drivers Licence
- Show a commitment to the study component of the Apprenticeship
- Have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing environments
- Physically capable of the labouring duties
- Ability to work outdoors in the elements
- Willing to undergo a pre-employment medical prior to commencement
NEXT STEPS/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately
- The first stage of assessment is an online entrance exam that will be emailed to you automatically when you apply. Individuals who do not complete the online entrance exam within the specified time frame will be unable to progress to the next stage.
- Only applications with a cover letter and up-to-date resume will be considered
- Your cover letter must address the selection criteria and tell us why you are interested in the apprenticeship. We would also love to hear about any experience or projects you have been involved in that are related to the trade.
- Applicants must be able to attend interviews in Bathurst NSW
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Click the APPLY NOW button or go to https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
- Upload your updated cover letter and resume
- Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately
Introducing Skillset CareerLink Central West - Sign up for CareerLink Updates!
CareerLink Central West is a free career development service providing you with accessible, quality careers information to make informed career decisions.
Keep up-to-date with upcoming career events, webinars, newsletters and useful resources to help you on your career journey.
And, if you are 25 – 44 and live in the Central West NSW, you may be eligible for a Free Career Consultation. Click on the link below and fill in the form to be contacted for an appointment.
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees. Skillset has over 39 years’ industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation. Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/job-vacancies/
back to listing