Have you been out of the workforce for a while?
Perhaps you were taking some time out to:
- Look after children?
- Care for parents?
- Recover from an illness?
- Have a break after a redundancy?
- Follow a passion?
Returning to work after any of these events requires careful planning and preparation. As part of this, it may be helpful to think about:
- What goals do you have in returning to work?
- What types of occupations are you interested in?
- What skills do you currently have?
- What skills you need to get, particularly in relation to technological change?
- Are there any courses or training you need to do?
- Do you need to update your CV?
- What pattern of work are you interested in – full time, part time, contract, flexible hours, compressed hours, job share
- Can you re-connect with work colleagues to find out what is happening with the world of work?